[cisco-voip] Troubleshooting Help

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:10:15 EDT 2007

TAC will tell you to upgrade your IOS.  You are running an old version that
I'm sure has bugs filed against it. You will get newer dspware by upgrading
to 12.4 mainline code.

Also, 4.2sr5a is a MCS OS version not a CCM version.  Login to your
http://ipaddress/ccmadmin page and click the details button.  What version
does it say you are running?

Since you are able to duplicate the calls during the failure situation you
really need to capture q931 debug to examine the cause for your issues.  I
would personally upgrade the IOS before I waited for another failure.

You could also be experiencing a hardware dsp failure.  Do you have anything
interesting in the router logs?