[cisco-voip] CallManager Express 4.1

Andrew J Cosgriff ajc at polydistortion.net
Tue Jul 10 20:23:05 EDT 2007

On 11/07/2007, at 03:55, Jonathan Charles wrote:

> We are deploying a few 3845s to retail environments, and in Illinois,
> we are required to send CID for 911.
>
> However, we are using bogus numbers on the system and we need a way of
> mapping those numbers to real DIDs.
>
> How do we do that?
>
> Is there a way of setting CID on the ephone or the ephone-dn?

You can't set CID in the phone's config like you can with CallManager.

You can, though, remap phone numbers via translation-rules/profiles
applied to the dial-peers. It's not a particularly scalable solution,
as you can only have 15 rules in a "translation-rule" block. You can
use some pretty limited regular expressions though, which might help
compress the rules a bit.

Cheers,
  Andrew.