[cisco-voip] 802.3af support in 7940 IP Phone

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Thu Jul 12 11:27:38 EDT 2007

zohaib shabir wrote:
> Can any one know that IP Phone 7960 support IEEE 802.3af. If yes
> please specify what firmware it requires

I have several 7960 phones that are working with standard PoE (802.3af)
and direct cable, plugged on a Netgear FS726TP. THIS IS NOT USUAL, so,
maybe you can't reproduce it (once I had a 7905 also powered and now it
requires the power brick).

You can power these old phones also using a 'dumb' power injector, one
that does not have the power discovery method.

Check this (ended) list on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330131010989