[cisco-voip] Providing phone service in Mumbai and Johannesburg

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Jul 16 14:07:43 EDT 2007

Matthew Saskin wrote:
> Aman - sounds like my setup exactly...
>
> To answer your question Robert, I'm under the impression that the rules
> are still as Aman states - can't have local PSTN connected to an IP
> network that extends outside the local area.

We don't transport voice across the network for interoffice calling; WAN
is strictly for call control and for access to centralized VM.

So the voice gateway would have a PRI for local calls, there'd be no
tail-end hop off in either direction.  Are you saying that this
configuration still wouldn't be allowed?

Anyway, this is the white paper that I read:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/case_studies/routing_dl9.html