[cisco-voip] Provisioning CAMA Trunks

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jul 26 10:12:12 EDT 2007

We are in the process of ordering CAMA trunks for E911 access and are
being asked some very detailed questions about how to provision the
circuit (the local telco is Qwest).  I'll be using VIC2-4FXO cards in a
3825 router to connect to these trunks, but the documentation that I
have found on Cisco's web site contains very little specific information
on how the CAMA signalling on the VIC2-4FXO operates (or even how CAMA
trunks work in general) so I'm unable to answer Qwest's questions
regarding the trunks.

Is there something on Cisco's web site that goes into detail on how CAMA
signalling works?

Jeff Ollie