[cisco-voip] FXS Ports for Faxes

Tkachuk,Birni birnit at nait.ca
Thu Jul 26 12:43:27 EDT 2007

We are experiencing a problem at one of our campuses that is pure IP.
We are using FXS ports on our router at the campus for faxes.  In the
last week or so we are having intermittent problems receiving faxes from
external and internal sources.  Really tough to troubleshoot when the
problem is intermittent.   At one of the CIPTUG conferences I recall
hearing the term "dumb down" when fax machine troubles were discussed.
What do you do to dumb down a fax machine?  Fax machines are not all
same make or model.

Birni Tkachuk
Voice Services Administrator
NAIT Information Services Division