[cisco-voip] Feature Safe in CM 6.0

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Jul 30 14:28:39 EDT 2007

Looking through the docs, it appears that the "Feature Safe" enhancement
for EM may be the solution to a problem that we have with EM and IP
Communicator.  Even though IP Communicator _looks_ like a 7970, it has a
different device type.  And everyone in our organization uses EM, and
some use IPC.  The problem is that if someone has 3 Lines on their 7970
profile and they login to IPC, then if IPC default device profile isn't
set for 3L they'll lose access to those lines!  We don't want to give
users a 7970 and a IPC device profile, because then they must manually
sync speed dials across profiles, and when you login to EM you also have
to choose which profile to use.  (This is on 4.1.3)

So, are IPC and 7970/71 going to be considered "Feature Safe" on CM 6.0?