[cisco-voip] CCME in multiple sites

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:19:19 EDT 2007

I have a client who I am working with on a voice solution. They have two
offices. As of now they are connected via site to site VPN for Active
Directory, CRM and mail exchange. The office here is small, only 25
employees. There is no plan for major growth any time in the foreseeable
future. Their remote office is very, very small. Only 5 employees. Both
offices will remain functional but major employee growth is not expected in
either. My question is this.is it possible for them just to do CCME in both
offices with the ability of on net calls to each other via SIP trunk or will
they need to go to Call Manager? I think Call Manager pricing will make this
deal fall through in this case but I don't want to push them to something
where they are going to loose the benefits of interconnection. The dial
plans can/will be different, each will have PSTN for local calling in their
respective areas, and separate directories will be fine because of the fact
that business in each location is technically local to that office for the
most part. Also how scalable can this solution be if say they wanted to
consolidate some of their long distance calling via the central office here
if that is even possible. Will the costs of just doing Call Manager now be
just as effective as installing/maintaining two CCME systems? Anyone have a
good doc that addresses this decision making process?

Thanks

Curt