[cisco-voip] Multicast SRST, branch router, no moh for PSTN caller

Kalle Tetto tettokalle at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:40:18 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I have installed an 3825 Router in a branch office, to avoid multicast
crossing the WAN links. I have configured, as mentioned in the cisco
documents, the moh on the branch router. That works fine for the phones,
but if an external caller is put on hold, he hears nothing. Is it
possible, that i need a stream for ulaw and alaw? I think,I have
configured the ulaw stream. The router is in france, so I think, they
would need alaw.

Or has anyone of you had this problem before?

Any response would be helpful, many thanks