[cisco-voip] Sluggish Phones / Requesting Template since upgrade to 4.1(3)sr5b

Linsemier, Matthew MLinsemier at apcapital.com
Wed Jun 6 08:49:14 EDT 2007

All,

We recently went through two upgrades of CCM, 4.1(3)sr5a and then
4.1(3)sr5b from 4.1(3)sr4d.  Over the last couple of days I have had two
instances of sluggish phones (slow dialing, phone continually
re-registers) and "Requesting Template" errors.  The first time I
thought was just a isolated incident of maybe a 7960 going bad (which in
turn affected the 7920 using the shared line of this phone).  I fixed
the problem by deleting the phones (both of them a 7960 and a 7920) and
re-creating them in CallManager.  Today I came into work to another 7960
experiencing the same problem (Requesting Template).  I restarted the
publisher this morning and upon doing so the phone registered without
issue.

Our environment has been rock solid on 4.1(3)sr4d without any error.
However, we try to make it a practice to stay up to date with service
releases since we have had good experiences in doing so in the past.
Short of opening a TAC case, does anyone have any ideas of what could be
going on?  I am wondering if I am hitting a new bug.  Is it possible to
uninstall the previous two service packs (to get back on 4.1(3)sr4d) and
is it even recommended?

We are slated for a 5.x or 6.x upgrade shortly (about to test them in
the lab) and I am just trying to keep things stable (as they have been)
until then.

Thanks,

Matt
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.