[cisco-voip] Looking for suggestions/options on a 911 problem

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Tue May 8 12:43:38 EDT 2007

1)You need  a specific CSS for each location.
2)Create a 911 partition specific to each location.
        e.g  Site1_911_PT, Site2_911 , etc.

3) Place the 911 Partition inside the CSS specific to that site
4) Create 911 route pattern for each location within the corresponding
partition and the Route List for that location

If your route lists contain route groups that pertain to other location
you will have to create a route list specifically for 911 purposes to keep
it local to the site.

Carlos

"Dark Fiber" <d4rkf1ber at gmail.com>
Sent by: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
05/08/2007 12:24 PM

cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
[cisco-voip] Looking for suggestions/options on a 911 problem

Trying to find the simpliest way to resolve an issue.  Dealing with a
CM setup that has 5 locations, all phones are configured with a device
pool specific to the location they are in.

The phones are all in the same general CSS however and the line on
each phone is in the same partition and CSS as each other.

So the only thing that defines the location of the phone is the Device
Pool.

I don't think I have a way to specify what gateway a particular device
pool should use for 911 calls can I?

I think I could do something if each locations phone was in a specific
CSS maybe?

The locations have some older 3745 gateway devices not being used
anymore but they have a live PSTN line connected, the idea was to send
911 calls only out that old PSTN line but with the phones all being in
the same CSS and stuff I just don't see an easy way to accomplish it
based just on device pool.

Am I missing anything?  Or does this assumption seem right, and I will
have to probably put them in specific CSS's based on location as well?