[cisco-voip] Area Code vs NXX Conflict

Patrick Mowry pmowry at getgds.com
Wed May 9 16:18:10 EDT 2007

"We do not use 9+ or any other PBX "outside access" codes.  NANP long
distance is 1+ 10 digits, IDDD is 011+."

  With this in mind, wouldn't it be natural for your users to dial a 1
in front of phoenix calls?  So instead of educating your users to dial
just the 10 digits for Phoenix calls, would it not be both easier and
have less support calls if you let the users dial the 1 and then throw
it away when you don't need it? Either that or require 10 digits for all
"free" calls.

You are only saving them from dialing 1 digit and I think it would be
easier to let them place calls like they would naturally dial at home.

Message: 1