[cisco-voip] how to allow users to enable/disable Voicemail

Ahmed Elnagar aelnagar at ACT-EG.COM
Tue Oct 2 04:46:35 EDT 2007

Hello;

I think you can leave there phone without any fwd to voice mail, when they want to fwd there calls to voicemail they can fwdall (from the IP Phone) to the voicemail pilot number (but this will transfer all calls). Or you can use the IP Forwarder and forward to the voice mail pilot number (when busy when no answer as he/she wish).

It just will not be nice that your end users know your voicemail pilot number.

Try it and give us a feedback

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Michael Hamann
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 5:47 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] how to allow users to enable/disable Voicemail

Hello,

is it possible to allow the end user to enable or disable his voicemail

somehow? We are using CCM 4.2 with Asterisk as Voicemail System. At the

moment we are configuring the voicemail on the users extension and I don´t

see a chance to allow the user itself to switch on/off his voicemailbox.

I found the IP Forwarder IP Service from my myvoipsource.org which allows

the users to change his forwarding settings. But as I can see I can´t

change the forward settings to the voicemail...

Are there any other ways? Any hints?

thank you

Michael

cisco-voip at puck.nether.net