[cisco-voip] AAR vs. Route Lists

Ahmed Elnagar aelnagar at ACT-EG.COM
Tue Oct 2 08:41:53 EDT 2007

Yes, then I am wrong

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Steinberg [mailto:jsteinberg at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:40 PM
To: Ahmed Elnagar
Cc: Kelemen Zoltan; Cisco VoIP
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] AAR vs. Route Lists

AAR works in conjunction with CCM Locations bandwidth.  Think two IP
phones located at two remote sites that attempt to dial each other and
exceed the Locations bandwidth.  AAR is invoked and the call is
rerouted out a local PSTN gateway.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administra
tion_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1056007

On 10/2/07, Ahmed Elnagar <aelnagar at act-eg.com> wrote:

> Hello;
>

> I never use the AAR feature before, but something came to my mind.
Maybe the
> AAR can achieve the following (that RL cannot):
>

> When the call is rejected due to not enough bandwidth on the WAN link
don't
> send the call through the PSTN.
>
> When the call is rejected due to WAN failure send the call through the
PSTN.

> I am not sure of it, I am just assuming.

functionality

> as AAR? If not (and I suppose not) what's the difference?
>

> Case in point:
>
>   We have a client with three CCM clusters, all connected through
ICTs.