[cisco-voip] Very Strange Behaviour

Jordi Riba (Europe) Jordi.Riba at eu.didata.com
Thu Oct 4 06:15:08 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm gonna try to explain a very strange situation/behaviour I found yesterday in a customer site... I think this is not the way it should work but ... I would like some of you to re-check it.

Thanks in advance...

Initial Situation:
- CCM 5.1.2
- One headquarters office. (CCM Cluster on it 1 publisher - 3 subscribers)
- Three branchoffices (h323-srst gateway on them) (12.4.9-T3)
- All phones and gateways in the branch are registerd to the publisher.
- Route-patterns and route-list registered to the publisher too.
- Gateways in the branch offices have two voip dialpeer (one pointing to the publisher (precedence 1)  and another pointing to one subscriber (precedence 2))

Action Done:
Changed callmanager group in the branch offices device pool to get branch gateways and phones registered to a subscriber CCM.

Problem:
After this change, Call coming from the PSTN to the gateway can not contact IP Phones. In q931 debug we get a "Network out of order" message.

Workaround:
If we deactivate the voice dialpeer pointing to the Publisher --> We work only with the dialpeer pointing to the subscriber. All works fine.

If we deactivate the voice dialpeer pointing to the Subscriber --> We work only with the dialpeer pointing to the Publisher. We get network out of order.

I think this is not the way it should work, is it??

Thanks again,

Jordi!