[cisco-voip] CCM Web Page performance issues, aka 'Loading, Please Wait' (a rant)

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:27:47 EDT 2007

So, I am curious why all of us are putting up with this.

For years we were all told that Linux was superior, that Linux was how
a real web server should function...

Now, we have CCM 5 and CCM 6... and the web server performance, is,
er, well, how do we put this...

Here we go. It is far worse than anything Microsoft has ever released.
I think Microsoft BOB would be a better web server than whatever crap
is on the backend of this RedHat monstrosity.

In CallManger 4.3, using Microsoft WINDOWS(!!!!!!)  IIS and Cisco
Tomcat, I can scream through all of the web pages; do DB reads in
nanoseconds; do DB inserts almost as quick, and I have never seen a
message on my web browser saying, 'Loading, Please Wait'

I mean, seriously, this is godawful slow.

I just installed CCM5.1.3 on an HP 7845, 4GB of RAM, dual dual core
Xeons... and all I see at every mouse click is 'Loading, Please
Wait'..

Is Cisco punishing us for something? Did we offend them in some way? I
am at a point where I am wondering if I should tell customers about
these performance issues prior to picking a version ('if you want to
be able to administer this and not slash your wrists, waiting for the
home page to load, you may want to go with 4.3...') because I am tired
of hearing about it afterwards...

Seriously guys, I mean, this pretty much kills whatever argument you
Linux freaks had that this was better than Windows... add the whole
SFTP requirement, and you can see why the Microsoft side won this
argument...

Jonathan