[cisco-voip] A little Fun

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 00:56:27 EDT 2007

Here's a few....

What IP Protocol number is UDP?

What command turns RIP into a quasi-link state protocol?

What command turns a layer-2 switched interface into a layer-3
routable interface?

What is the advantage of a separate voice vlan?

What is the purpose of the command 'ebgp multihop'?

How do you prevent MGCP from using a loopback as its source interface?

Identify a version of IOS that is compatible with CME.

What is the minimum bandwidth for intracluster communication between
CallManagers?

The command 'passive interface fa0/0' does not prevent routing updates
from being received for which routing protocol(s)?

What could be the side effects of lowering the ARP timeout to 3
minutes? What is the default?

What are the potential problems while doing mutual redistribution of
two routing protocols? How do you mitigate this problem?

What configuration register setting on a Cisco router will bypass the
startup configuration file on bootup?

What is the recommended DSCP for VoIP traffic? [make sure they mention
CS3 or AF31 for control]

What tool can be used to correct CallManager 4.X database replication
problems? Do you have this file?

What version of CallManager supports IPCC 4.5?

What is the recommended Antivirus application for CallManager 5.X?

What keypad entry resets a Cisco 7940 IP Phone?

How would you find out the IP address assigned to an ATA 186? [looking
for the #80 thing]

What is MDIX?

What happens if you fail to enter the 'login' command under 'line vty
0 4' on a router?

What debug would you use to see inbound and outbound call info on a PRI?

Why would you choose CatIOS over IOS for a Cisco 6500 series switch?
[looking for auto qos and support for the 6608]

Which protocol, MGCP or H.323 would you choose for a gateway, and why?
[see if they know about limits of each, benefits of each]

You have an IP phone that says, 'configuring IP' but will not register, why?

You have an IP phone that says, 'error DBConfig' and will not register, why?

You have an IP phone that says, 'temp Fail', what does this mean?

Work on those...

Jonathan