[cisco-voip] 5.1 active disk filling?

Andre Beck cisco-voip at ibh.net
Tue Oct 9 05:50:18 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 09:57:33AM -0400, Ryan Ratliff wrote:
> Until you start getting RTMT alerts about the active partition being
> full don't worry about it.  93% utilization is pretty normal for a CM
> 5 box.

Ok ;)

Meanwhile we also see occasions where the used space actually dropped
down a bit and the partition with 5.1(3) is currently at 91% only. So
I'm relaxed about that, it just seemed odd.

> There were however some bugs that caused the active partition to fill
> up.  CSCsk18010 is one of them, but only affects IBM servers and is
> fixed in 5.1(3).

This one is a HP DL380 with 146GB disks and we applied the patch to
bump up to 5.1(3) yesterday. So far all looks Ok, but it did so for
more than a week after bumping to 5.1(2) as well...

> I'd encourage you to open a case with TAC to troubleshoot Tomcat (the
> web server) and your h.323 issue.  They definitely sound like
> problems but disk utilization is not the cause.

I'll have to open a case should the same situation ever arise again
after the upgrade, as there will be no other potential way out then.
Of course I hope 5.1(3) might have fixed whatever it was ;)

Thanks again,
Andre.
--
    .sig making fun of Santa Claus Operation currently unavailable

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-