[cisco-voip] Reason why CP7914 doesn't work with CP7940?

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:27:41 EDT 2007

I don't think there's a technical reason.  The 40's and 60's use the same
firmware.  Cisco just doesn't expose the settings in ccmadmin I assume
because they want you to buy a 796x if you need more than two line buttons.

I think you can use a sidecar on a 7940 in CME but I can't remember for
sure.

On 10/9/07, Jason Aarons (US) <jason.aarons at us.didata.com> wrote:

>  I take everything Cisco says and repeat it to customers without question.
>

> Customers challenge everything; today I was asked why doesn't the CP-7914
> support the CP-7940? Anyone have a technical answer?

> * Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
> confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated
> addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the intended addressee, you
> are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and
> that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is strictly
> error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting
> it from your computer. Thank you. *

kris seraphine