[cisco-voip] VG224 buzzing/humming on incoming calls only

MILLS, Mark mark.mills at baesystems.com
Thu Oct 11 06:39:15 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I was hoping I might be able to get some help with the setup of a VG224 that I am doing.  It is connected to CCM6 cluster.  I can place calls FROM the analog phones connected to the ports, and it all works properly with two way audio.

When making calls TO the analog lines on the VG224, the calling party simply hears a loud buzzing/humming noise and nothing else.  The analog user can hear nothing.

This happens for incoming PSTN calls and calls to other extensions to the VG224 connected devices.

I have not setup a VG224 for incoming calls before, so there is obviously something I have missed.  Below is the relevant config parts on the device.  Any help is appreciated!

stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp
!
voice-port 2/0
 ren 3
 idle-voltage low
 disc_pi_off
 input gain 10
 output attenuation 10
 playout-delay minimum low
 cptone AU
 timing digit 53
 bearer-cap Speech
 station-id number XXXXXXXXXX
 caller-id enable
!
sccp local FastEthernet0/0
sccp ccm 10.194.3.10 identifier 20 version 4.1
sccp ccm 10.194.4.10 identifier 10 version 4.1
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
 associate ccm 10 priority 1
 associate ccm 20 priority 2
 switchback method graceful
!
dial-peer voice XXXXXXXXXX pots
 service stcapp
 port 2/23
!

Cheers,
   Mark
"Warning:
The information contained in this email and any attached files is
confidential to BAE Systems Australia. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email or any
attachments is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately. VIRUS: Every care has been
taken to ensure this email and its attachments are virus free,
however, any loss or damage incurred in using this email is not the
sender's responsibility.  It is your responsibility to ensure virus
checks are completed before installing any data sent in this email to
your computer."