[cisco-voip] CCVP Certification

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:13:12 EDT 2007

IMO practice tests are definitely the way to go, if you already familiar
with all the material. I had to do a little extra studying on the CCNA for
RIP and OSPF since we don't use those here where i work. I wasn't really
sure which test to take after that, I figured call manager (IPT4.x) was what
I had the most experience with. I tried it at networker's this year as my
freebie test and passed it. Just used practice exams and went back thru
callmanager docs to review the topics I found I was weak on.

Those are the only 2 i've done so far. I also have heard people start with
CVOICE, I think that is what i'm going to try to tackle next. The prep
seminar at networker's this year made it sound pretty basic.

GWGK looks like the worst one, but that is my weakest area I think, so ymmv.
Not sure about the new troubleshooting exam, I heard they changed that one
specifically to put something related to Unity on the CCVP track.

On 10/11/07, Kevin Dunn <cheesevoice at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I am finally going to start my CCVP exams...
>
> Helpful hints, studyguides preffered and any friendly advice appreciated.
>
> Thought I would start with CVOICE and QOS first then IPT (4.x)...thoughts?

Ed Leatherman
Senior Voice Engineer
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations