[cisco-voip] Problems with Cisco VT Advantage soft

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Oct 15 12:38:41 EDT 2007

I couldn't tell you if any such enhancement to CUVA is planned.   It
certainly doesn't seem too difficult a problem technically.  That
sounds like a good question for one of the Cisco speakers at CIPTUG.

-Ryan

On Oct 15, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

Ryan Ratliff wrote:
> For problem 1 from the PC try to telnet from the PC to the phone on
> port 4224.   The VTA should get the IP address of the phone from the
> CDP message and then use a TCP connection on port 4224 for the CAST
> messaging.  If it can't get that connection established then it will
> not "see" the phone correctly.

Is there a workaround / feature planned where VTA can work where the PC
isn't hanging off of the phone?  We have separate voice/data
infrastructures, but it's all 100/FDX to the desktop, GigE uplinks to
core, so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

And IP Communicator on the desktop means lots and lots of USB headsets
and microphones would need to be purchased, so not going there.