[cisco-voip] terminiating SIP to an ASA

zohaib shabir zohaibshabir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 03:38:04 EDT 2007

james
I have once terminated sip on asa 5510 but it didn't work for me. then i
opened a tac case he checked my config and said that there is no problem
with my config, but still sip packets wasn't translating into  private  ip
address. Actually i have public ip address on my outside and private ip
address on my inside network, and asa was not able to translate sip packets
from public ip into private ip whereas h323 was working fine on asa. I
actually see the sip packets on voice gateway 5400 with public ip address,
whereas 5400 was configured to entertain local ip address, so sip packets
were not matching any dial-peer on the gateway. In the end i told my service
provider to give me h323 calls rather than sip.

On 10/16/07, James Grace <jgrace at adcapnet.com> wrote:

> ? Has anybody out there worked with terminating SIP to an ASA.  An if so
> can you please give me the gotchas.
>
>  James Grace
>
> Systems Engineer
>  <http://www.adcapnet.com/>
>
> Disclaimer For ADCAP Network Systems
>
> "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
> contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
> or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the
> material from all computers."
>
> This original email was sent to the internet for delivery at 15 Oct 2007 19:44:17 -0400

Regards,
Zohaib Shabir
Network Engineer(Voice)
DWP Group, TECH Division