[cisco-voip] Cisco CDP - 7970

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Oct 16 18:32:50 EDT 2007

1. switch provides max power initially.  max power depends if
switch/phone is using cisco power or 802.3af (~15.4w)
2. once phone boots it advertises CDP to switch the max power the phone
will consume (~14.9w)

cdp is not 'required' for inline power. it's only an optimization so the
client can 'request' less than max power.

/wes