[cisco-voip] Call handler question - Replacing Nortel express messaging?

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Tue Oct 16 21:12:17 EDT 2007

Are you using the transfer to subscriber functionality elsewhere? If
not, the easiest thing to do is to set all of the subscriber's transfer
options to 'send to greeting'. Then you could just use any call handler
with the option to enable callers to enter an extension.

Another option, with similar behavior, that does take a little extra
user training is #2. From any call handler that is enabled to allow you
to enter a subscriber's extension, you can add #2 to the end of the dial
string to bypass the user's transfer options and go straight to their
greeting. So, to get to 1000's mailbox, you dial 1000#2.

Other that that, Unity really doesn't have a direct equivalent of
Express Messaging.