[cisco-voip] Home user

Jerky lists at jerkys.org
Wed Oct 17 03:02:25 EDT 2007

I haven't been particularly fond of the Sonicwalls either but they
pre-date me and have been inherited.

currently it looks like this:
Sonicwall (10 user type)ß-DSL or Cable-à INTERNET ß---T1 Internet--
à26xx router ß--Ethernet---àSonicwall (VX/PRO type)ß--- LAN
                                                      |______ß--- DMZ
network

I'll have to take a closer look at a 2800 router for this. I have one
available that I typically use in the voice lab. Should the 2800 be
able to handle things like setting up a DMZ and one-to-one NAT
mappings (I'm not sure if that is the same term used in the Cisco
world for it) to internal hosts. From the initial reading I've done
about it seems there's a fine line between the firewall appliances
like the Sonicwall and ASA or PIX and 2800/3800 routers since it
seems the ISRs have hardware level encryption built in.

Thanks,
jeff