[cisco-voip] Maximum number of voicemail ports...???

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Wed Oct 17 16:31:23 EDT 2007

I would check the parts list on what was ordered.  I am not sure if
failover licensing and pricing works the same way in 5.x as in 4.x but  I
once set up a failover server on 4.x that was purchased months after the
primary server was purchased.  The Cisco partner ended up selling us the
same top level part number which contained the max number of ports (72)
AGAIN.  When you would look at the number of ports with license viewer it
would show 144 when we only had 72 ports. I do not believe the ports are
licensed per server but by usage.

In the company that I currently work at we have 64 ports that are usable
by both Unity servers and the license viewer shows only 64 ports. If this
holds true in Unity 5 then you may be able to save your customer some
money for an unnecessary license that they may have received.  If I
remember correctly this was about a $10,000 license so you may want to
verify.

Carlos

"Jonathan Charles" <jonvoip at gmail.com>
Sent by: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
10/17/2007 03:15 PM

"Wes Sisk" <wsisk at cisco.com>
cc
Cisco Voip Mailing list <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject
Re: [cisco-voip] Maximum number of voicemail ports...???

Really only allows.

When I try to add a single port manually it gives me an error saying
the valid range is 1-96

I am pretty sure I am reading this wrong and it is 72 ports per server

Jonathan