[cisco-voip] Push IP phone service to phone

Matthew J. Hughes mattjhughes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:11:13 EDT 2007

First post here, new to the group :)

I am attempting to  gather the physical location of phones on campus for use
with emergency responder.  I want the phone user to be prompted with a IP
Phone Service on their 79xx phones, that asks them to verify their physical
location (Room Number, Building Name)  I don't want this to be burdensome so
I only want it to come up every time a phone reboots (It wont move locations
unless its unplugged).   To accomplish this  I ran into these roadblocks

1.  IDLE URL will certainly force them to see it, but will bug them far to
much. (although if i set the idle timer long enough it could come up only
once a day.)
2. I can push messages to their screen, but don't think i can push a XML
service.

I am thinking I would have to use AXL/SOAP to add/remove idle URL,  OR
somehow as part of the boot process force them to a XML service.

any thoughts?  I am running CCM 6.0 and CER

Thanks in advance,
Matt