[cisco-voip] 7941G-GE/3rd Party Phone System

Sascha Lenz slz at baycix.de
Fri Oct 19 14:59:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

Weigand, John V. schrieb:
> Serious Medicine for the Defense R
>
> Is there any way to use a 7941G-GE with a 3rd party phone system (i.e.
> not Callmanager?) I've seen there's non-Callmanager SIP firmware for the
> 7940, but I'm not seeing any for the 7941, or a way to configure it to
> use a 3rd party system.

try

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Standalone+Cisco+7941%252F7961+without+a+local+PBX

for SIP (complicated, doesn't always work as expected)

or if you want to run Asterisk anyways, there's always chan_skinny /
chan_sccp

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+SCCP+channels
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/chan_sccp2
(follow the links and use your prefered search enginge, too)

note: Asterisk is not a full solution as a Callmanager replacement, and
chan_sccp lacks some development power for a while now :-/
Basic Phone-stuff works quite fine though.
I personally prefer to use Cisco Phones with CM/CME though whenever
possible :-)