[cisco-voip] Fwd: Push IP phone service to phone

Matthew J. Hughes mattjhughes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:20:45 EDT 2007

The University  this is for currently maintains manual records down to the
room level, so anything less seems like a step back to them (conjures images
of stroke victims grasping for life behind desk, while emergency workers
search in vain)   All phones have a DID so the PD gets a call back number
automatically with that, the main thrust for us with CER was to have fine
grain ERLs at a room  by room level.(which isn't how it was designed to work
by my understanding)   Personally a per room ERL seems a bit much, but rules
are getting tighter as to how accurate (within 100m) your info is.  Also the
Police/Dispatch are on campus so they had a say in the decision.    I would
love to map ports on switches with that granularity to ERLs but that dosent
seem pratical. The best I could figure is to have users declair thier ERL
everytime the phone boots.