[cisco-voip] Unity Connections to CME using G.729

Kris Seraphine baryonyx5 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:32:58 EDT 2007

In a multiple CME to centralized Unity Connections deployment, is it
possible to use G.729 as the codec between UC and CME?  I don't see anything
on CCO either way.

In a lab configuration using UC 1.2.1 sr2 and CME 4.0 (12.4(9)T) I
configured UC to advertise only G.729a and used the codec ephone command to
specify G.729 on the voicemail ephones but all calls to UC were connected
using G.711.  I'm not sure if that's working be design or not.

--
kris seraphine