[cisco-voip] Remote analog phone Voice Quality

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 10:42:57 EDT 2007

I have a remote office with only one analog phone, we have an FXS port to a
"black phone" and one FXO port for 911 calls.

The extesnion is 9227, the configuration is enclosed below...

When on a call there is "static" or background noise, and occasionally one
way transmission (typically the IP phone calling him can not hear the black
phone and the black phone can hear just fine).  Other times the call drops
all together.  Yet other times, everythign is just peachy and we can make
6-8 calls in a row that work great.  So I was thinking it might be a QoS
issue.  Any hints or leads are appreciated.

Here is the gateway configuration (H323, 2620 running 12.2.23F):

voice-port 1/0/0
 description FXS port to Office Phone
 station-id name Plant3_Office
 station-id number 9227
 caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 9227
 port 1/0/0

Here is the QoS config:

class-map match-all voice-traffic
  match ip precedence 5
class-map match-all Call-Control
  match access-group 110
class-map match-all RTP
  match ip precedence 5

policy-map OutboundPolicy
  class Call-Control
   set cos 3
   set ip precedence 3
  class RTP
   set cos 5
  class class-default
   set cos 0
policy-map VOICE-POLICY
  class voice-traffic
    priority 480
  class Call-Control
   bandwidth 16
  class class-default
   fair-queue

I was wondering if the bandwidth 16 is enough for the voice call.  It is a
dry-pair T1 connection and only one phone on the site.
Any help is appreciated, and thank you in advnace

Kevin