[cisco-voip] 7970 AUX port pinout?

Johnson, Ken kenjohnson at letu.edu
Tue Oct 23 13:22:29 EDT 2007

For instance - constructing a longer 7914 cable (whether supported ot
not) can provide some flexibility for users. When such cables aren't
straight-through, (which actually I think the 14 cable might be, just
can't recall from the last time we made one) knowledge of how the serial
ports are used *can* prove useful on at least sporadic occasion.

While random fiddling with things may seem like a waste, and sometimes
may be, that's up to the employer to decide. As has been noted, asking
questions about apparently unused or underusued features on equipment
can (though does not always) provide a ROI.

Ken Johnson
   Mgr. Network Services,
   Information Technology
   LeTourneau University