[cisco-voip] Daylight Savings Time issues...

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:54:50 EDT 2007

Scott Voll wrote:
> someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the system clock on the call
> manager is where the phones get there time, right?

Right, but the device pool allows you to choose a date/time group.  If
the DTG is appropriate, then the clock on the phone should be accurate.
  I'm labbing something now where I'm going to move the server to GMT
and then advance the clock to 2007-10-28 at 0158 to see what happens.

I'll do the same with 2007-11-04 at 0158.

I'm just not sure which combination of MCS OS, CM SR and phone load is
required to ensure that CM knows that DST in NA ends on 2007-11-04 this
year.  (Running 4.1.3sr2 with the DST patches we needed back in March)

Whew.  That's a lot of acronyms.