[cisco-voip] Change phone numbers bat

CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com CarlosOrtiz at bayviewfinancial.com
Thu Oct 25 08:50:18 EDT 2007

I think you should be able to accomplish this by using the Add lines
feature in BAT.  I added a second line on about 50 phones and noticed that
there is an "override the existing configuration" option. I assume that
this means if line 1 exists on my phone and is currently DN 2xxx you
overwrite with the DN 1xxx in my BAT file.

To use this add lines feature you need to have the MAC address of the
phones.  There are many options to export this data from the Call Mgr
database.

Note that after you fill in the BAT file with the needed information and
export the file to a CSV file that there is a blank line at the bottom of
the file that needs to be removed.  If not the import fails. This is Call
Mgr 4.1.3 sr5b so not sure if it differs on other versions.

Note that the line index field indicates which line you are adding (
changing?? ) on the phone

I would test this on a couple of phones first to verify and then do the
bulk edit.

Carlos

"cisco.voip" <cisco.voip at verizon.net>
Sent by: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
10/24/2007 01:39 PM

<cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
cc

Subject
[cisco-voip] Change phone numbers bat

I need to change my local CCM phones so the phone numbers are 555-1XXX
from
555-2XXX.
Can the bulk admin tool do this in one step- I have like 600 phones need
change?

Tx