[cisco-voip] CUPS6 integration to Exchange Calendaring

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:28:13 EDT 2007

I finally had some more time today to look back into this issue and
have been able to get this to work with 6.0.1.

-Create a Enterprise Root Microsoft Certificate Services on a W2K3
domain member server.
-Upload this root CA certificate to CUPS as a 'presence-trust' certificate.
-Add this root CA to your domain security group policy.  push group
policy to the clients.
-Create a CSR on my Exchange box via IIS.  Had this CSR signed by the
enterprise root CA.
-Upload the signed cert back to IIS on exchange. restart iis.
-Configure CUPS presence engine for Outlook.  The common name is the
name of the presence-trust certificate as viewed in the CUPS OS admin
certificate page.
-Rebooted presence.

It works - pretty cool too.

Justin