[cisco-voip] 8.2.1S phoneload and DST

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:15:09 EDT 2007

Erick Bergquist wrote:
> Does the newer 8.3.3 phone load fix the issue where the phone needs to
> be reset manually for the new time to take effect? That is what the FN
> states still. Had a bunch of 3rd gen phones be a hour off this morning
> until they were manually reset.

According to the release notes, this was fixed in 8.2.2 and higher when
they included the new Java:

"
Include Sun Java patch to address 2007 Daylight Savings Time (DST) changes

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCse47164
"

We deployed 8.2.2SR4 this weekend to fix that issue.  We didn't go to
8.3.x because of the "Intercom History" default.  (Opened a TAC case
btw, so hopefully the counter against bug CSCsk99117 is increasing fast
enough that Something Is Done about it.)