[cisco-voip] So, what's a 7937G telephone?

Johnson, Ken kenjohnson at letu.edu
Mon Oct 29 22:01:17 EDT 2007

The 7970 jacks weren't removed - just covered under a sticker. (At least
on the 7970G - unsure about the later 797X models as I don't yet own
any). If you take off the sticker (that's really the hardest part :-),
plug the phone into the wall (it won't activate the menu options for
external jacks if you use POE) and set the mic and speaker options for
external in preferences it works fine. We do it in a number of places
both for AV-tied in conference phones, remote presentations, auditorium
tie-ins. Etc.

Ken Johnson
   Mgr. Network Services,
   Information Technology