[cisco-voip] CallManager 4.x (vs.) 6.x

Vince Loschiavo VLoschiavo at data-corporation.com
Tue Oct 30 15:08:13 EDT 2007

________________________________

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Voice Noob
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:29 PM
To: Leetun, Rob
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CallManager 4.x (vs.) 6.x

I think the windows version is better because it does not lock you out
of the system like the Linux version. you have more control.

On 10/30/07, Leetun, Rob <rleetun at co.boulder.co.us> wrote:

	Hello all,

	We are having a discussion about why is a Windows platform
better than a Linux platform when it comes to CallManager , or is Linux
better than Windows?  In your opinions, is it better to go from 4.x to
6.x or wait for 7.x to roll out next summer?  Or is it better to stay on
the 4.x train?  How many of you have switched to the Linux platform from
the Windows platform?

	Thanks in advance.

	Rob

All,

I've found both the windows and linux versions to be quite stable.

I haven't been locked out of the linux platform...so I can't speak to
that, but I do like the method of patching on linux.  Seems much cleaner
to me.  (Plus the ability to roll back from a patch).

(I'm also an avid *nix user) :)

-V

Vincent Loschiavo
Cisco Practice Director
Datacorp
18503 Pines Blvd
Suite 213
Pembroke Pines, FL, 33029

"Cisco Advanced Unified Communications Partner"
Cell Phone:       786-282-1164
Office Phone:    954-671-5669
Office Main:      305-594-6933