[cisco-voip] Phone registration status

Robert rsingleton at morsco.com
Wed Oct 31 12:59:11 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 11:26 -0400, Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:
> you can also see the registration status from the callmanager web page.
> but you probably already knew that.

hehehhee Yeah... I need a non-interactive way

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 10:26 -0500, Wes Sisk wrote:

> That said there are a few ways to query device registration status:
> 1. mmfspy from the command prompt of the CM server
> 2. SNMP looking at the device table in the CCM mib.  It gives the
> same information as mmfspy
> 3. http://<server>/ccmadmin/reports/DeviceListX.asp gives the same
> information as mmfspy

mmfspy - spiffy tool, very quick, but interactive. :/

SNMP - will have to investigate this, but at first glance, this may be a
good bet for what I'm doing here...

DeviceListX.asp - also spiffy and I can wget the info, though it does
not come back quickly since it gives me the status of not just one
device but all of them. :) Takes about 7.5 seconds for 1144 lines.

I have been moving all my command line tools to a web server so that
more than just the two admins can benefit from them. In the process, I
have combined several of them and added some functionality. Every time I
add something cool, it makes me want more and registration status and/or
the phone's IP is the next bit I'd like to see on the telephone info
page :)

Thanks, especially to Wes, for all the help!

Robert