[cisco-voip] IPSession + Higher Ed

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:29:19 EDT 2008

Any Higher Education folks out there use IPSession for campus-wide emergency
alerts? We currently use IPSession for zone paging on a fairly small scale
for some departments -less than 200 phones-, but interest is rising to
deploy it (or something like it) on a larger, campus-wide scale (4000-6000
endpoints).

I'm just fishing around for any opinions on the matter, particularly
regarding ease of use for the public safety personnel that would be sending
the alerts, and performance as far as how quickly they can go live on
thousands of phones. Since we already have 1 IPSession node in place, we're
leaning rather heavily towards that solution if it will work out. There is
also the possibility of integrating some speakers and traditional PA systems
down the road.

We currently use a hosted service to send out cell phone text messages and
emails, our public safety is interested in expanding this to better cover
the campus.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman