[cisco-voip] 7970 won't get new code...

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:14:25 EDT 2008

Jonathan Charles wrote:
> The oldest SCCP 7970 load is SCCP70.8-2-2SRS2s and I tried that...
>
> I cannot id any older load...

You could do this incrementally if you don't want to mess with your live
config on CM.  If you have a router and a switch that you can isolate
from the rest of your network, you could put the router into "CME" mode
temporarily and load it up with the old phone loads from CCO, then have
the phones load intermediate firmwares off of that until they can
bootstrap themselves to 8.3.3 that you're running in production.

Let me know if you need an example CME config.