[cisco-voip] 7970 won't get new code...

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Fri Apr 4 19:25:20 EDT 2008

You  might consider consulting the readme for 8.3.4sr1, the first note
in the upgrade caveat section is:

"If you are currently running firmware earlier than 6.0(2) on a Cisco
Unified IP Phone 7970G or 7971G-GE and want to upgrade to 8.0(x), you
must first install an intervening 7.0(x) load to prevent upgrade
failure. Cisco recommends using the most recent 7.0(3) load as the
intervening load to avoid lengthy upgrade times (see next item)."