[cisco-voip] One Way Audio on Call Pickup

Humayun Sami/MS IPCC/Dhaka humayun.sami at waridtel.com.bd
Tue Apr 15 01:59:45 EDT 2008

The kind of scenario you are describing is also knows as intermittent
one-way audio from GW to ip phones. Kindly check the resolved caveat in
IOS release or by enabling MTP on Call Managers.

CSCeg63430
Symptoms: One-way voice occurs when an IP phone transfers a call back to
the PSTN via a Cisco AS5850 after having received the call from the PSTN
via the same Cisco AS5400. The caller at the PSTN side hears the
transferee at the (other) PSTN side, but not the other way around.
Conditions: This symptom is observed when the Cisco AS5850, which runs
Cisco IOS Release 12.3T, connects to the PSTN via an PRI in the
following topology: Caller--Phone--PSTN--PRI--AS5850--CCM--IP Phone
Transfer--CCM--AS5850--PRI-- PSTN--Transferee

Workaround: Enable MTP or the Cisco Call Manager.

Further Problem Description: Although the symptom is not observed in
Cisco IOS Release 12.3, the fix is included in Cisco IOS Release 12.3 as
a precaution.

In my case MTP was enabled, solved it by upgrading the IOS release to
12.4(6) T2. I faced the problem on 5400 Series

Thanks & Regards,
Humayun Sami