[cisco-voip] VMware.

Joris Arts jarts at speechworks.nl
Tue Apr 15 11:49:44 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

You can setup all CCM versions under Vmware (obviously for test purposes, it
is not a supported config). Be aware however for CCM 4.x you would need to
have the proper win2k3 image for an MCS78xx platform.

Setting up CUCM 5.x and 6.x is easier, since it automatically detects
VMware. You can use VMware 5.x or 6.x workstation or ESX server.

Take at least 2 GB memory, though this might be short for CUCM 6.x. The most
problematic thing when setting up CUCM under VMware is performance, the GUI
tends to get very slow and things like music on hold etc will deliver poor
quality.

I am still struggling with CUCM 6.1 on VMware with a Linux Fedora host
system, and I can't get the performance well, despite 4 GB memory. Any ideas
are welcome.

Cheers,

Joris Arts

Speechworks Consultancy