[cisco-voip] CUCM Location question

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Apr 15 15:55:39 EDT 2008

There are quite a few call leak bugs out there.

A cdcc is what ccm uses to track a call.  Every call ever made gets
one, and if they aren't cleaned up properly represent an actual
memory leak (though a small one).  Enough of these leaked can cause
big problems if it goes on long enough.

In order to find out the specific bug you are hitting you will need
to get CCM and SDL traces covering a time period where there was
known to be no leak, through when you know a leak occurred.
Typically you check the perfmon counters one night when you know
nobody is on the phone and make sure Active Calls is at 0.  The next
night if it's gone up and you again know nobody is on the call, grab
the traces from the last 24 hours and open up a TAC SR.  We have
scripts that we can use to identify the specific cdcc(s) that leaked
and from that we can zero in to find out why it leaked.

-Ryan