[cisco-voip] DAS config

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 07:59:45 EDT 2008

cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Need some pointers on configuring a DAS interface in Northern Ireland.
> Apparently the telco provides this PRI interface that is
> "DAS" (never heard of it before) whereby they send a number
> range on the first 12 timeslots and another number range on
> the remaining timeslots. Not sure if I configure it as a
> normal PRI or not?

DASS is a pre-standard ISDN signalling used by BT in the UK that's no
longer available for new supply, you can quote for BT (or reseller) to
convert the ISDN line to a standard ISDN30 though they will charge for
this but you'll have to do this before you can terminate it on a Cisco
gateway.
The timeslot configuration is another issue but there shouldn't be any
difficulty handling this once you have a standard euro ISDN30.

David.
This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet college reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.