[cisco-voip] Nbar missing some RTP traffic

Jorge L. Rodriguez Aguila jorge.rodriguez at netxar.com
Thu Apr 17 08:34:49 EDT 2008

That is correct. The RTP match is for even port numbers as Cisco uses even RTP ports in that range for voice payload and the corresponding odd ports for RTCP.

If you want to be extra sure you could convert your match-all voice class to match-any and add access-group XXX with an access-list XXX permit udp any any range 16384  32767 to pick up any packets the match RTP might miss.

Jorge Rodriguez
Senior VOice/Data Consultant
CCNA,CCVP,CRMCS
Netxar Technologies