[cisco-voip] [Off topic] ANN: Cisco Unified Application Environment v2.4.3 has been released

Louis Marascio (lmarasci) lmarasci at cisco.com
Thu Apr 17 16:23:08 EDT 2008

cisco-voipers, I know most of you folks aren't developers but I thought
some of you may be interested that a new release of the Cisco Unified
Application Environment has just occurred. Of particular interest to
some of you may be that with this release we have begun to bundle
specific third-party applications with the software when purchased. As
always, for development and lab use the software is available for free
via our SDK download site. The complete announcement is below, and if
you'd like to join the CUAE community you can do so here:
don't care, sorry for the spam :).

Thanks,

Louis

--- Original announcement ---

Folks,

I'm proud to announce that version 2.4.3 of the Cisco Unified
Application Environment has been released and is now available for
download. This release represents many months of hard work by the team
and contains several new and interesting features for developers. Full
release notes and software installers are available on CCO here:
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/CUAE-pub. Here are the
highlights:

* The MediaControl.Play action now accepts more than three media files.
An arbitrary number of media files or TTS prompts can be specified and
will be played by the media engine.

* The MediaControl.Record action was updated to return a URL as the
result. This URL is a web accessible location on the media engine server
where you can fetch the recorded audio file.

* Speech recognition grammars that are added as part of your application
no longer require manual deployment. All you have to do is add the
grammar and deploy your application. When required, the Nuance speech
engine will fetch the grammars from the application server as they are
needed.

* Speech grammars can now also be localized and obey existing
localization rules employed by the application server.

* The MediaControl.VoiceRecognition action has been enhanced to support
an arbitrary number of grammars and also will now allow you to specify a
TTS prompt to play. Furthermore, we will now return multiple recognition
results when requested along with the associated recognition score.
Finally, you can even specify an individual grammar rule to use from
within your grammar by specifying 'grammar.grxml#rule' in the action.

* We are introducing the MediaControl.ManageGrammar action to manage
grammars and preload them when necessary. This is useful for large
grammars that may take a non-trivial amount of time to load. We have
also added MediaControl.SaveDynamicGrammar to save dynamic grammars to a
temporary web accessible location for building dynamic speech
applications.

* Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) is now supported by the media
engine when specifying prompts that should be synthesized by the
NeoSpeech TTS engine. SSML support is limited to those tags supported by
NeoSpeech.

* Applications can now access web enabled directories for storing static
and dynamic content that needs to be served to web clients, including IP
phones. A full set of native actions is available for managing these
resources.

* A generic XmlQuery action has been added to allow you to use XPath
instructions to pull information out of XML content without resorting to
custom C# code.

We're also very proud to announce that customers who have or will
purchase production licenses of the Cisco Unified Application
Environment we now bundle an application from one of our independent
software vendor partners, Radianta. Radianta has built an application
suite using the CUAE called Beacon Office. This application suite
includes numerous applications: Call Back, Call Note, Call Recorder,
Phone Lock, Dialer, Paging, Time Card, Web Enabled Extension Mobility,
and Personal Queues. The Cisco team would like to thank the team over at
Radianta for their hard work to make this bundle happen. The net-net of
this is that customers who buy CUAE can now enjoy several excellent
pre-built applications from Radianta at no additional charge, and if
they wish to grow their deployment beyond the included licenses they can
purchase those from Radianta, through Cisco, via our SolutionsPlus
program. Unfortunately, at this time, these applications are not
available to SDK users or customers who leverage our free software.

Finally, the CUAE SDK SourceForge site has been updated for the 2.4.3
release. The API reference guide contains documentation for all of the
new actions and types and the SDK installation and upgrade guides have
been updated as well. Best of all the upgrade is easy! To upgrade to
2.4.3 make sure you are first running 2.4.2 and then run all of the
2.4.3 installers. It should be that simple. When accessing the
SourceForge content make sure you refresh your browser cache, we've
noticed that the expires tag being sent by the SourceForge web server is
quite large.

As always, email the list if you run into problems, have questions, or
just want to let us know how we are doing.

Thanks for being a part of the community,

Louis

---
Louis R. Marascio
Cisco Systems, Inc