[cisco-voip] 911 mis dial issues

Scot Gossen ninergoose at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 16:59:10 EDT 2008

If I didn't misinterpret your question, I am assuming you use a 9 for an outside line and your users are accidentally dialing 911??? When we have clients that have a lot of users "fat fingering" 911, we will disable the ability to dial 911 (without the lead 9) and only allow 9.911.

Now if you are simply wanting to dial 95.yadda yadd yadda ("95" for the outside line) from experience your users will become disgruntled having to dial more digits.

-Go0se

"Leetun, Rob" <rleetun at bouldercounty.org> wrote:                        Hi,

  Has anyone moved away from dialing just a ‘9’ to dialing ‘95’ or something similar for an outbound line?  Management here does not want to give up the ‘9’ number.

  Cheers!

  Rob Leetun
  Network Administrator
  Boulder County IT